No products in the cart.
With California certified legal specialist Exams coming this October 24th, test takers can use all the tips they can get! This list was compiled by Certified Specialists Jack Russo of Computer Law and Athena Roussos, Attorney at Law. Both were speakers at our recent exam prep seminar on appellate law.
If you are planning on taking one of the Legal Specialist exams, now or in the future, you can find our full offering of recorded exam prep programs here. Also, be sure to visit that link and download our FREE copy of Exam Prep Study Tips. This is a 2.5 hour long recording compiled from our 2015 exam prep courses.
To those taking the exam this year, best of luck from all of us at Pincus Pro Ed!
Ten Commandments of Specialization Bar Exam Preparation
1. Read and re-read the best treatises (with commitment and curiosity)
2. Use “gamification” approach to make review more fun (52 card analogy)
3. Take past exams (early and often; find a study partner to cross-critique)
4. Dialog with others about organizational approaches for different questions
5. Write and re-write essay exam answers with a view for improvement
6. Apply Occam’s Razor (as needed) to demonstrate efficiency/effectiveness
7. Add time constraints to your practice (with a view for improving further)
8. Watch as you become “well-versed” in outlining/organizing/outputting
9. Treat the 50 to 100 hours of pre-exam “work” as worth the investment
10. Reduce distraction; potentially reduce pre-exam “work” to 25 to 50 hours!